Although this website is intended for use primarily by the students, teachers and parents of the Islamic School, we welcome all visitors. If you are new to this site, or want to know more about our school, check out the About Us section.
Announcements (August 2016)
1. REGISTRATION: There are still some vacancies in Gr-6 and higher. The last day to register is September 18 (depending on availability of space). The registration will be closed as soon as the classes fill up.
The fee for the 1st child is $420/year payable in two installments of $210 each. Fees for the siblings will be $370/year/child payable in two installments of $185 each.
|# Child(ren)||Single Payment||Two Installments|
|One Child (1)||$420.00||$210.00|
|Two Children (2)||$790.00||$395.00|
|Three Children (3)||$1160.00||$580.00|
|Four Children (4)||$1530.00||$765.00|
2. PARENT’S Meeting: The first Parent’s Meeting will be held on August 28, 2016 from 11:00AM to 1:15PM (Insha-Allah). This meeting is divided into two parts: meeting with the class teacher and a general meeting for all the parents with the school administration. The meetings with the teachers will be held during an extended break. All the parents will be meeting both the teachers in their child’s classroom (children will enjoy an extended break outside). After the Teachers meeting the general school meeting with all the parents will be held in the Cafeterium / Multi-Purpose Room at 12:15PM. The schedule for August-28 is listed below:
|Time||Children’s Schedule||Parents’s Schedule|
|10:00 – 11:00||First Class (Quranic Studies)|
|11:00 – 12:15||Extended Break||Parent/Teacher Meetings:
KG, Gr-1, Gr-2: 11:00 – 11:25
Gr-3, Gr-4, Gr-5: 11:25 – 11:50
Gr-6, Gr-7, Gr-8: 11:50 – 12:15
YB & YG (HS): 11:50 – 12:15
|12:15 – 1:15||Second Class (Islamic Studies)||General Parents Meetingin Multi-Purpose Room|
|1:15 – 1:30||Dhuhr Salaat|
3. “Sacrifice in the Name of Allah” (Aug 21 – Aug 28)
In order to teach children about sacrifice & Eid-ul-Adha, the school will be organizing a special drive (between now & Eid-ul-Adha). We are requesting that each child bring $1.00 every Sunday between now & Eid-ul-Adha. This money should come from children and not parents. The only objective is to teach children and not to collect a large sum of money. Children can deposit $1.00 in a special box. Please discuss with your children the history and the spirit behind this. We will be working with local Muslim charitable organization(s) to distribute the meat to the needy Muslim families.
4. Hajj/Eid-ul-Adha Function (September 18)
We will be holding a potluck on September 18 (Insha-Allah). This event will be held at the School at 11:30AM after classes which will start at 10AM.
For the potluck, please bring food according to the following assignments – based on the LAST name of your OLDEST child at school.
|A – E Rice / Pasta||M – R Finger Foods/ Hors d’oeuvre|
|F – L Fruit/Fresh Vegetables/Salad||S – Z Dessert|
- Bring enough for your family plus 4 other people to share.
- Remember to bring any serving utensils you may need for your dish.
- School will provide the paper goods and drinks.
- Please respect the above food category assignments, so that we have enough for everyone.
- *For Desserts, no Frozen Foods or Ice Cream cakes. They tend to melt before they are served.
Please make sure all Items are Halal/Zabiha according to Islamic Dietary Laws.
We have planned a fun-filled Eid Sunday that includes Clowns, Face Painting, Henna , Cotton Candy, Pop Corn, Games, Balloons etc.